- 250g dried spaghetti or pasta of your choice
- 2 bunches broccolini or 1 head broccoli, trimmed, cut in short lengths
- 2 cups baby rocket
- 1-2 large red chillies, trimmed, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup (60g) cashews, roasted
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, trimmed, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add pasta and cook following packet directions. Add broccolini to pan for last 2 minutes of cooking time to blanch. Drain pasta and broccolini then return to pan. Add rocket and stir through. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, to make pesto combine chillies, cashews, garlic, oil and half the coriander in a deep bowl. Add lemon zest and juice to bowl. Blend mixture with a stick blender (or in a food processor), adding up to 2-3 tablespoons hot water to thin pesto if necessary.
- Place pasta and broccolini in a large bowl with chilli pesto and chopped tomatoes. Toss to coat.
- Divide pasta among serving bowls. Scatter with remaining coriander then serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..