Choc chip, banana and oat mini muffins
(Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 25 mins)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup apple purée
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup ground LSA
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup oats, to top
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
- Heat oven to 180°C. Line 2 x 12-hole mini-muffin trays with paper liners (you’ll need to use the trays again for the second batch).
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, apple purée, banana and eggs. Stir in the flour, baking powder, LSA and, finally, the chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Spoon into baking liners until they are 3/4 full. Sprinkle with oats and place into oven for 10-12 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool in tray for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from tray and place onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat above with remaining muffin mixture.
You can replace choc chips with dried cranberries or frozen blueberries.
Make it dairy free: Use dairy-free chocolate chips.
- These muffins will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
- Freeze in sealed bags for up to 3 months. Defrost overnight before packing into lunch boxes.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..