- 120g gherkins
- 300g lean beef mince
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (we used peri-peri)
- 4 wholegrain buns
- 3 cups sliced lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup sliced canned beetroot
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
- In a food processor, mix gherkins, mince and garlic until combined. Shape into 4 patties and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine yoghurt and hot sauce.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Fry patties for 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Halve the buns and layer each one with lettuce, tomatoes, carrot, beetroot and a patty. Top with yoghurt sauce and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free buns and check hot sauce is gluten free.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..