Spider mini pizzas
(Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 10 mins)
- 8 mini pita breads (we used Danny’s Mini Oat Bran Pita)
- 8 teaspoons pizza paste or no-added-salt tomato paste
- 8 slices (21g each) edam cheese
- 8 tablespoons grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 pickled gherkin, cut into 8 round slices
- 100g jar capers, drained and rinsed
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 2g
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Spread pizza paste onto each pita bread. Cut the edam slices into thin strips and arrange them to resemble spokes of a wheel. Arrange the grated mozzarella between the edam cheese strips to resemble concentric circles of a spider’s web. To make a spider, use a pickle slice for the body, 3 capers per leg (8 legs per spider).
- Bake for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Instead of pita bread, use sliced-up bread rolls, or cut out circles from wholegrain bread with a cookie cutter.
- You can make spiders from black or green olives, too — one pitted olive for the body, another sliced up for legs.
- Red spiders can be made using sun-dried tomatoes.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..