- olive oil spray
- 1 medium red capsicum, roughly diced
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 420g can of chilli beans
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- 4 slices toasted wholegrain sourdough, to serve
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over medium heat. Cook capsicum for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook a further 2 minutes. Add beans and tomatoes, bring to the boil for 2 minutes, then reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- Make 8 wells in the tomato mixture and crack 1 egg into each. Cover and cook over medium heat for 12-14 minutes, or until egg whites are cooked through but yolks are still soft. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with toasted sourdough.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check chilli beans are gluten free.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..