Thai coconut noodles
- 1 teaspoon Thai curry paste
- 1/4 cup lite coconut milk
- dash fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup frozen stir-fry veges
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 125g rice noodles
- fresh chilli, sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sliced spring onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Mix curry paste, coconut milk and fish sauce together and mix well.
- Layer all ingredients except last three in a 750ml capacity or larger jar in the order above. Keep last three ingredients in a separate container.
- When ready to eat, open the jar, fill with boiling water and close and seal the lid. Leave to soak for 2 minutes.
- Open the jar, stir noodles well and tip into a bowl, if desired. Top with spring onions, chilli and coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check fish sauce and curry paste are gluten free.
- Use ‘shelf-fresh’ noodles, which are precooked and just need to be heated by pouring over boiling water. Break up with a fork before adding to the jar.
- You could also use noodles from instant noodle packs, but check the labels on these — some contain palm oil, which makes them high in saturated fat.
- Or use noodles you’ve precooked. Run them under cold water before packing in the jar.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..