Wilted garlic, kale, chickpea, broccolini and soft-boiled egg bowl
- 500g kumara, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 4 eggs
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed, cut into long florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 bunch kale, trimmed, centre vein removed, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 large courgettes, trimmed, cut into long ribbons
- 1 tablespoon lightly toasted sunflower seeds, to serve
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 20g
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place kumara on prepared tray and spray lightly with olive oil. Roast for 25 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, place eggs in a large saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes (for soft boiled), or until done to your liking. Cool under cold running water.
- Place broccolini in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water. Cover and steam for 2 minutes or until just tender. Refresh under cold running water; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat half of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic and lemon zest for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add capsicum and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove and add chickpeas to pan and cook for 2 minutes, or until heated through. Remove and add kale and cook, stirring, until just wilted.
- Peel eggs and halve. Whisk remaining olive oil with lemon juice to make dressing. Divide chickpea and kale mixture, kumara, broccolini and courgette ribbons between 4 bowls. Drizzle with dressing, top each with 2 egg halves and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..