Apple oatmeal in a mug
4 tablespoons quick-cook oats (such as Uncle Toby’s Milk Oaties)
3/4 cup boiling water
3 tablespoons skim milk powder
2 tablespoons raisins
1 apple, grated
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon demerara sugar or other dark sugar (optional)
Total fat 3g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 8g
- In a very large microwave-safe mug, combine oats and water. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in milk powder, raisins, and apple.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar (if using) over the top and serve.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves for an apple pie flavour.
- You can use sultanas, dried blackcurrants or cranberries instead of raisins.
- Make it dairy free: Replace milk powder with 1 tablespoon peanut butter.
- This recipe was made in a 1100W microwave, so cooking time will vary depending on the strength of your microwave. Increase or decrease cooking time by 10 seconds and check regularly.
- Soaking oatmeal overnight in warm water before cooking makes it more digestible.
All rights reserved
Reproduction without permission prohibited
Read more about this chef..