Frozen yoghurt and raspberry parfait
- 1 cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon rose water or vanilla extract (see tip)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pistachios
Total fat 3g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
- Line a 12cm x 22cm loaf tin with cling wrap. Place yoghurt and rose water in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl. Whip egg whites with an electric beater or whisk until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, whisking constantly, until a stiff, shiny meringue forms.
- Fold meringue gently into yoghurt mixture with a whisk. Fold raspberries, kiwifruit and pistachios gently through parfait mixture.
- Spoon parfait mixture into loaf tin and level surface with a knife or spatula. Place loaf tin in the freezer for 4 hours, or overnight, until parfait is firm.
- Turn parfait out, remove cling wrap and discard. Cut parfait in even slices and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check Greek-style yoghurt is gluten free.
Rose water is available in specialty stores, Indian spice shops and Asian grocery stores but it can be replaced with vanilla extract.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..