Soba noodle soup with fish and shiitake
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
5 tablespoons white miso paste (see tip)
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
900g fresh white fish fillets
400g soba noodles
1 1/2 cups shelled edamame beans or baby peas
1 carrot, shaved
100g pack pickled ginger
1/2 cucumber, sliced
3 bok choy, stem removed, chopped
2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms (or 40g pack dried, soaked in warm water and sliced)
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 13g
- Preheat grill to high or oven to 230°C. Thin 3 tablespoons of the miso with a little water and 1 teaspoon of the rice vinegar to make a wet paste.
- On a non-stick oven tray, place fish. Smear with miso paste mix. Set aside.
- In large pot, bring water to the boil. Add noodles and cook to packet instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Grill fish in oven for 8-10 minutes until just cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring 500ml water to the boil. Add remaining miso. Mix well. Add bok choy and shitake, with half the peas and carrot, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl place cucumber. Drain pickled ginger liquid over cucumber. Add remaining rice vinegar.
- To serve, place noodles across bowls, top with miso broth, remaining peas and carrot, fish, and garnish with pickled cucumber and ginger.
Make it gluten free: Check miso paste and soba noodles are gluten free.
White miso paste is available from most supermarkets and Asian grocery stores.
Read more about this chef..