Moroccan chicken skewers with warm eggplant salad
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 medium eggplants, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
- olive oil spray
- 2 wholemeal Lebanese bread rounds (or pita), halved
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Gently fry eggplant for 5–10 minutes, or until golden and softened. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Spray the same pan with oil and cook onion for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic and tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until just softened. Add reserved eggplant to pan and cook for 2 minutes, or until warmed through. Top with coriander.
- Coat chicken with seasoning. Thread onto 8 wooden or metal skewers. Preheat a grill pan to medium-high heat. Spray chicken with olive oil and cook for 3–4 minutes each side, or until browned and cooked through.
- Heat bread on the grill pan for 1 minute each side, or until charred and warmed through. Serve chicken with eggplant salad and torn bread.
Make it gluten free: Check Moroccan seasoning is gluten free and use gluten-free bread.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..