Chicken and fennel bake
- 1/2 leek (green and white parts), thinly sliced
- 1/2 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 2 (250g) potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 (about 320g) skinless chicken thigh cutlets, bone in
- 1 1/2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- zest of 1 lemon
- oil spray
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups rocket or salad leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
Total fat 27g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place leek, fennel and potatoes in the bottom of a roasting dish.
- Place chicken thighs on top of vegetables. Mix stock and mustard together and pour over everything. Sprinkle with lemon zest. Spray with oil and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and sprinkle parmesan over bake, then return to oven for a further 10 minutes, or until veges are soft and chicken is cooked. Season with pepper.
- Mix olive oil, vinegar and pepper to make vinaigrette. Dress rocket and serve with chicken and fennel bake.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and mustard are gluten free.
Use the other half of the leek in the Fresh tomato puttanesca recipe.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $74. Just grab the shopping list and you’re all set!
Read more about this chef..