Coconut peanut chicken curry
1 1/4 cups Delmaine Black Rice, rinsed until water runs clear
2 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons red curry paste
2 tablespoons Ceres Organics Smooth Peanut Butter
1 tablespoon Ceres Organics Coconut Aminos Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Countdown Essentials Brown Sugar
Dot's Cooking Oil Spray
400g Waitoa Free Range Skinless Chicken Breast, sliced in chunks
400ml can Countdown Essentials Coconut Milk
3 courgettes, diced
1 cup green beans, topped and tailed
4 cups baby spinach leaves
3/4 cup Countdown Homebrand Frozen Peas
Palmers Fresh Coriander leaves, to serve
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 7g
- In a large saucepan combine rinsed rice and water. Set over a high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10-15 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork before serving.
- While rice is cooking, in a small bowl combine curry paste, peanut butter, coconut aminos and brown sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat a heavy-based pan to medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add curry paste mixture and stir to combine. Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add courgettes and beans and cook, stirring, for 5-10 minutes, until liquid is reduced and chicken is cooked through. Add spinach and peas and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve curry with rice, topped with coriander leaves.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
This recipe is proudly sponsored by Mastercraft, Countdown, Ceres Organics, Delmaine, Dot’s, Palmers and Waitoa.
All rights reserved
Reproduction without permission prohibited
Read more about this chef..