Glazed chicken with apricot and kaffir lime stuffing
Kenwood Food Processor
3 slices Venerdi Organic Sourdough Six Seeds Bread
1 medium or 2 small kaffir lime leaves
1 tablespoon chopped Palmers Fresh Flat-leaf Parsley
1/2 cup Tasti Dried Apricots, chopped
1 New Day Free Range Egg
1 Waitoa Free Range Whole Chicken
3 tablespoons Countdown Select Apricot Jam
1 1/2 tablespoons Ceres Organics Coconut Aminos Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon five spice
3 cups chopped vegetables (eg. kumara, pumpkin, potatoes)
5 cups (1 1/2 x 120g packs) Vitalvegetables Vitalheart Salad Mix
2 tablespoons Ceres Organics Coconut Balsamic Dressing
Total fat 27g
Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 5g
- Preheat oven to 180°C. To make stuffing, place bread in processor and pulse to form crumbs. Add kaffir lime leaf and parsley and pulse again. Add apricots. Add more kaffir lime leaves for extra flavour if desired. Mix in egg. Fill chicken cavity with stuffing.
- In a small bowl combine all marinade ingredients. Lift skin of chicken at the neck and slide your fingers underneath to separate skin from the breast. Brush or spoon some marinade under breast skin on both sides. Use kitchen twine to tie legs of bird together.
- Place chicken in a heatproof dish and baste with remaining marinade. Roast for 1 1/2 hours or until juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into thickest part of thigh. Baste frequently with pan juices during cooking.
- Once chicken has been cooking for 45 minutes, place potatoes around chicken. After 15 minutes, add kumara and pumpkin in a single layer. Turn veges a couple of times during cooking.
- Once chicken is cooked, transfer to serving plate, cover loosely with foil and let sit for at least 10 minutes before carving. Let roasting vegetables continue to cook until tender.
- Serve chicken and veges with salad and dressing.
Make it gluten free: Check five spice is gluten free.
This recipe is proudly sponsored by Mastercraft, Countdown, Ceres Organics, Kenwood, New Day, Palmers, Tasti, Venerdi, Vitalvegetables and Waitoa.
Read more about this chef..