Steak with olive and caper mayo
- 2 (250g) potatoes, scrubbed
- oil spray
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons roughly chopped capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted mixed olives
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups rocket or salad leaves
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 (300g) lean beef scotch fillet steaks
Total fat 30g
Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 5g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Cut a cross into tops of potatoes. Place potatoes in the microwave and cook on high for 8 minutes. Place microwaved potatoes on a baking tray. Spray lightly with oil and bake in oven for 10 minutes, until browned and skin is crisp.
- In a small bowl combine yoghurt, mayonnaise, capers, olives, lemon zest and parsley to make mayo. Set aside. In a large bowl combine rocket and cucumber. Dress with vinaigrette made from olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- Heat a heavy-based pan over a high heat (or preheat a barbecue grill). Spray steaks with oil and cook for 2 minutes each side for medium rare, or until done to your liking. Remove from pan and rest for a few minutes before slicing thickly.
- Serve each steak with a baked potato and rocket salad, drizzled with caper and olive mayo.
Make it gluten free: Check mayonnaise is gluten free.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $74. Just grab the shopping list and you’re all set
Read more about this chef..