Vegetable chilli with black bean spaghetti
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
1 tablespoon Ceres Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 large red onion, chopped
1 large red capsicum, deseeded, chopped
1 large red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning
3/4 cup Ceres Organics Green Lentils
400g can Delmaine Italian Crushed Tomatoes (no added salt)
390g can Delmaine Red Kidney Beans, rinsed, drained
4 cups Countdown Select Vegetable Stock
250g button mushrooms, washed, quartered
250g kumara, peeled, diced
200g pack Explore Cuisine Black Bean Spaghetti
1 tablespoon grated Countdown Select Dark Chocolate grated
2 tablespoons chopped Palmers Fresh Coriander, plus extra, to serve
6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
2 NZ Avocados, sliced
Total fat 22g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 24g
- Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a medium heat. Add onion, capsicum, chilli, garlic and Mexican seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add lentils and stir well. Add tomatoes, kidney beans and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and kumara to saucepan. Stir. Simmer gently, uncovered, for 20-25 more minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Cook spaghetti following packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, stir chocolate and coriander into chilli. Cook gently for a few more minutes until sauce is thickened.
- Serve chilli with black bean spaghetti, topped with sour cream, avocado and coriander.
- Servings : 6
- Ready in : 85 Minutes
- Ingredient : Avocado, Capsicum, peppers, Chillies - fresh, Chocolate, Coriander, Garlic - fresh, Kidney beans, Kumara, sweet potato, Lentils, Mushrooms, Oil, oil spray, Onions - red, Pasta, Seasoning mix, seasoning paste, spice mix, Sour cream, Stock, Tomatoes - canned
This recipe is proudly sponsored by Mastercraft, Countdown, Ceres Organics, Delmaine, Explore Cuisine, NZ Avocado and Palmers.
Read more about this chef..