Time to make: 55 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
Total cost: $ 17.88 / $ 4.47 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
1/2 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 thumb ginger, peeled, sliced
4 tablespoons harissa paste
1 tablespoon tomato paste
peel of 1/2 an orange, chopped
400g can crushed tomatoes
2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
3 1/2 cups chopped crown pumpkin
400g can chickpeas
1 eggplant, chopped
250g cherry tomatoes
1 cup chopped pitted prunes
2 cinnamon sticks
2 cups low-fat plain yoghurt
2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh dill
2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh mint
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup chopped roasted almonds
3 cups cooked brown rice
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 16g
- Spray a large heavy-based pot or cast-iron pan with oil and heat to medium. Fry onion, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes. Add harissa paste and cook for 2 minutes, until aromatic.
- Add next 10 ingredients – from tomato paste to cinnamon. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine yoghurt, dill, mint and lemon juice.
- Taste tagine and season with more harissa if needed. Serve topped with yoghurt mixture, with almonds and rice on the side.
- Servings : 4
- Ingredient : Almonds, Chickpeas, Cinnamon sticks, Dill, Eggplant, aubergine, Garlic - fresh, Ginger - fresh, Lemons, Mint, Oil, oil spray, Onions, Oranges, Prunes, Pumpkin, butternut, squash, Rice, Seasoning mix, seasoning paste, spice mix, Stock, Tomato paste, Tomatoes - canned, Tomatoes - fresh, Yoghurt
You can use butter beans instead of chickpeas.
Use 1 tablespoon dried dill if you don’t have fresh dill.
If you can’t find harissa paste, mix harissa powder with a little water instead.
Make it gluten free: Check harissa, stock and tomato paste are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use soy yoghurt instead and a vegan stock.
Read more about this chef..