Salmon and ginger fish cakes
700g new potatoes, halved
400g skinless salmon fillet
5cm piece ginger, grated
zest and juice of 1 lime
3 teaspoons olive oil
3 spring onions, finely chopped
4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
4 tablespoons chipotle sauce
6 cups chopped spinach
2 cups watercress
Total fat 27g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Fill a saucepan with lightly salted water and bring to the boil. Cook potatoes for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor place salmon and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl and add ginger, lime zest and salt and pepper. Set to one side.
- In a non-stick pan, heat one teaspoon of oil over medium. Cook spring onions until softened and stir 3/4 into salmon mix. Set aside remaining 1/4.
- Drain potatoes and add one quarter to the fish mixture. Mash well then form 4 cakes. Keep remaining potatoes warm.
- In a non-stick pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high. Add fish cakes and cook for 3-4 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Cover pan and rest for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine yoghurt, chipotle and lime juice. Remove cakes from the pan. Bring pan back to medium heat and add spinach and 2 tablespoons of water. Cook for 2-3 minutes until wilted.
- Serve fish cakes with spinach, remaining spring onions, watercress, potatoes and yoghurt sauce. Garnish with a lemon or lime wedge and fresh herbs if you like.
Make it gluten free: Check chipotle is gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Use green tips of spring onions only, and chipotle sauce without onion or garlic.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Read more about this chef..