Cobb potato salad with crispy fish
4 small (350g)waxy potatoes, scrubbed
1 iceberg lettuce, chopped
4 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted
1/2 avocado, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
4 (approx 500g) firm white fish fillets such as hoki or terakihi
1 egg, lightly beaten
4 tablespoons flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
2 tablespoons grated parmesan
roughly chopped fresh Italian parsley, to garnish (optional)
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
- In a saucepan cover potatoes with water and bring to the boil. Cook for about 10 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat and drain. When cool enough to handle, cut into bite-sized chunks.
- In a separate pot filled with water, boil eggs for 7-8 minutes until hard-boiled. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then peel and chop into eighths.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl gently combine lettuce, tomato, corn and avocado. In a small bowl combine olive oil, balsamic and mustard. Use to dress salad.
- Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Place egg in a bowl and flour on a plate. Dip fish fillets in flour, then egg, then flour again, shaking off excess. Place fish in pan and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Add potatoes and cooked eggs to salad and gently combine. Serve fish with salad garnished with parmesan. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Make it low FODMAP: Use Dijon mustard without onion or garlic.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and check mustard is gluten free.
All rights reserved
Reproduction without permission prohibited
Read more about this chef..