Open chicken salsa burgers
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
300g skinless chicken breasts
2 tomatoes, diced
1 red capsicum, diced
6 pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
1 small red onion, diced
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon olive oil
cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
1 tablespoon chipotle or chilli sauce
1 wholegrain burger bun, split in half and lightly toasted
1 cup prepared slaw mix (no dressing)
handful coriander, to garnish
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place chicken breasts and on prepared tray and cook for about 15 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare salsa. In a bowl combine tomato, capsicum, olives, red onion, vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine yoghurt and chipotle sauce. Mix well. Shred chicken breast and add to yoghurt mix. Stir gently to combine.
- Top toasted bun halves with slaw, chicken yoghurt mixture and salsa. Garnish with coriander. Serve with any leftover slaw on the side.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free buns and check chipotle or chilli sauce is gluten free.
Double this recipe to serve 4 or make leftovers for lunch.
Read more about this chef..