Chilli beef noodle salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
4 teaspoons mild chilli paste
6 tablespoons lime juice
500g rump steak, fat trimmed
400g Hokkien noodles
1 1/2 tablespoons lemongrass paste (we used Gourmet Garden) or use crushed fresh lemongrass
1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
1/2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
4 cups carrot and cucumber ribbons (see tip)
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups sweet corn kernels
Total fat 21g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
- In a small bowl combine chilli paste and half of the lime juice. In a shallow dish place beef and rub chilli mix over. Set aside.
- In a large bowl place noodles and cover with boiling water. Leave for 1-2 minutes until loosened. Drain and return to bowl.
- In a small bowl combine lemongrass paste and remaining lime juice. Add to noodle bowl along with coriander, and toss.
- Spray a large non-stick pan with oil and set over a high heat. Add beef and cook for 3-4 minutes each side, or until seared on the outside and slightly pink on the inside. Remove from the pan and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Toss nuts and vegetables through noodles. Thinly slice beef and add to salad. Divide among 4 bowls and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles and check chilli paste is gluten free.
Peel vegetables lengthwise into long, thin ribbons.
Read more about this chef..