Pork schnitzel with roasted tomato pasta
Time to make: 35 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
Total cost: $ 22.00 / $ 5.50 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
1 cup cherry tomatoes
4 cups chopped eggplant and courgette pieces
1 bulb garlic, broken into cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
350g pork schnitzels
sprinkling of dried mixed herbs
1/3 cup grated parmesan
1/3 cup fresh basil
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. In a large ovenproof dish, place vegetables and garlic. Season with black pepper and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti for 7-8 minutes, or until tender. Drain, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Add cooked vegetables to the spaghetti pot. Toss and keep warm.
- In a shallow dish, toss pork in mixed herbs and pepper. Heat a large non-stick pan with the remaining oil over medium. In 2 batches, cook pork for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Remove pork and add ¼ cup water to pan. Increase heat to high, stirring juices and water for 1 minute, to reduce.
- Add parmesan and basil to spaghetti, stir, then divide among 4 plates. Serve pork on top, drizzled with meat juices.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free spaghetti.
Read more about this chef..