Warm broccoli and miso-roasted buttercup salad with peanut dressing
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
1 tablespoon miso paste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 buttercup squash, chopped in 2cm pieces (about 2 cups)
2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
2 cups chopped broccoli florets and stalks
2 cups rocket leaves
400g can lentils in spring water, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
pinch chilli flakes
2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, roughly chopped, to serve
Total fat 27g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 18g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking dish with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine miso paste and olive oil. Add squash and toss well to coat. Place in roasting dish with garlic cloves (leave skins on) and roast in oven for 20-30 minutes, until squash is tender.
- To make dressing, in a small bowl combine peanut butter, juice, soy sauce and chilli flakes, adding a little hot water to get dressing to a smooth, pourable consistency.
- Fifteen minutes into cooking time, add broccoli to squash dish. Spray with a little oil and return to oven for remaining cooking time.
- When squash is ready, remove dish from oven. Squeeze garlic from skins over vegetables. Add rocket leaves and lentils and toss well, warming lentils and wilting rocket.
- Divide vegetables between two bowls. Drizzle with peanut dressing and sprinkle with roasted peanuts.
Make it gluten free: Check miso and soy sauce are gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Swap garlic for 2 teaspoons garlic-infused oil.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $85. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
Read more about this chef..