How to store fruit and vegetables for maximum nutrition.
- Store in a cool, dark place.
- Use within several weeks.
- Avoid refrigerating or storing in plastic bags.
- Do not store next to ginger as ginger dehydrates garlic.
- Refrigerate in a paper bag for up to one week.
- Wash with water, then refrigerate in a plastic bag for three to five days.
- Store unripe kiwifruit at room temperature.
- Once ripe, refrigerate in a plastic bag for up to four weeks.
- Use gold kiwifruit within two weeks of ripening.
- Refrigerate apples older than seven days.
- Place in plastic bag away from foods with a strong odour.
- Use within three weeks.
- Refrigerate unwrapped for up to two weeks.